Sunday, December 2, 2012

NETS Standards for Teachers and Students

NETS standards set regulations on what teachers should know and how they should act in the professional setting. According to the NETS standards, teachers must use their knowledge to facilitate student learning, they must create new learning experiences for their students, they must be professional, they must exhibit legal and ethical behavior while at work and in front of students, and they must continue to improve and learn.  The NETS standards encourage teacher knowledge of the latest technology to enter into the classrooms.

I am going to make sure that my students and I possess the skills to be successful in a few ways. I will attend every presentation and discussion on the latest technological advancements in the classroom. I will study and work with the material before introducing in to the classroom. I will give my students a tuitorial on how to use this new technology. If I get confused I will not hesitate to ask a coworker or even a student, if they understand the technology better than I do.

For more information on  NETS Standards you can visit their website and explore it for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment