Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Practicum

I started my 40 hour practicum at an elementary school this fall. I am about halfway through my field experience and I am having a blast! I love learning about different teaching strategies and I am taking in as much information as I can from my cooperating teacher. I feel like I wish I knew more about how to teach the students, because I know how to do what they are learning, but I'm not sure how to best teach the students.

It is so different to be in the teacher position than in the student position. I understand more now why teachers teach what they do and why they assess students. How else is the school supposed to measure what the students are learning?

Because of my experience so far, I am looking forward to my teaching career.

No comments:

Post a Comment